What you need to know
Kevin Spacey’s new court date is set for 2026.
The Oscar-winning actor is facing a civil lawsuit from three men alleging sexual assault, the BBC reported on Wednesday, November 26th.
The men have accused the House of Cards star, 66, of assaulting them between 2000 and 2013. The case will be heard at London’s High Court in October next year, the BBC and Sky News reported. The lawsuit is expected to take three weeks.
Spacey has widely been reported to have denied any wrongdoing. According to the BBC and Sky, he has formally denied two of the charges and has not yet provided a defense to the third.
Rosdiana Ciaravolo/Getty
One of the men, Ruali Cannon, reportedly waived his anonymity. She also appeared in the 2024 documentary Spacey Unmasked, in which she said Spacey groped her at an afterparty at London’s Old Vic Theater in 2013. Spacey reportedly denied his claims, calling them “ridiculous and they never happened.”
Another man, identified only as LNP, claims Spacey “deliberately assaulted” him about 12 times over a five-year period between 2000 and 2005, the BBC reported. A third man, known in court as GHI, claims Spacey assaulted him at London’s Old Vic theater in 2008. The American Beauty star previously served as artistic director at the theater.
Regarding Spacey, William McCormick KC said the case involving the man known as the LNP should be heard separately. He told the High Court in written submissions: “On any reasonable basis, the only common denominator is Kevin Spacey. The fact that they met, or in the case of Cannon, that each claimant is said to have met in the context of their work at the Old Vic, does not matter any further.”
“The circumstances of the alleged assaults are markedly different and occurred many years apart.”
Alamy
The allegations are the latest Spacey has faced. In 2023, he was acquitted of nine charges of sexual assault at London’s Southwark Crown Court. Other original charges were dismissed. The BBC reported at the time that Spacey cried as the verdict was read.
“I understand that I have a lot to process after what happened today, but I want to say that I am extremely grateful to the jury for taking the time to carefully consider all the evidence and all the facts before reaching their verdict. I am humbled by today’s outcome,” he said in a statement read outside the courtroom.
Earlier this week, on Nov. 24, Spacey clarified his comments about being “homeless” in a recent interview.
Michael Buckner/Variety, via Getty
In an Instagram video shared to his account on Sunday, November 23, the Baby Driver actor responded to the headlines that went viral after he told the Telegraph in a feature published on Wednesday, November 19: “I live in hotels, I live in Airbnb, I go where the jobs are.”
“I literally don’t have a home. That’s what I’m trying to explain,” he continued.
