Jada Pinkett Smith is hitting back at “nonsense” claims that she threatened one of Will Smith’s ex-friends at a birthday party five years ago.
The “Red Table Talk” host filed a motion earlier this month seeking to dismiss a $3 million lawsuit against musician Bilal Salam, Page Six has confirmed.
Jada, 54, claimed that Bilal’s claims were “false, unsubstantiated, and made to gain attention as part of an ongoing public campaign of harassment directed against her and the Smith family,” according to documents obtained by Page Six.
The “Girls Trip” star argued in the filing that Bilal’s lawsuit seeks punishment for his “constitutionally protected statements regarding issues of strong public concern regarding the family.”
Jada also accused Bilal of being “obsessed” with the Smith family in newly filed court documents, and claimed she never mentioned Bilal’s name when the affair was discovered in September 2021.
TMZ was first to report the news.
Salaam filed a $3 million lawsuit against the actress in November 2025.
The musician, who describes himself as Will’s “best friend of nearly 40 years,” claimed that Jada confronted Will at the Men in Black star’s birthday party on Sept. 25, 2021, at the Regency Calabasas Common.
In a complaint obtained by Page Six, Salaam claimed that the “Matrix” actress told her that if she continued to talk about personal matters, she would end up disappearing or getting shot.
The lawsuit also alleges that Jada launched a “campaign of retaliation” against Salaam after he refused to cooperate with crisis management following the infamous incident in which Will slapped Chris Rock at the 2022 Academy Awards.
Salaam also filed a lawsuit accusing Jada of “intentionally causing emotional distress” after she denied to TMZ that she had ever seen Will engage in sexual or intimate acts with men.
The musician’s other claims include that Jada’s acting manager threatened him to “work something out” and “end this feud before I get myself hurt” regarding a memoir that Jada was planning to publish.
Salaam’s $3 million lawsuit says Jada’s alleged “malicious, intentional, and reckless conduct” damaged his reputation, worsened his health, and caused him financial loss and emotional trauma.
But the recent lawsuit against Jada wasn’t the first time Salaam has made shocking accusations against Will.
Two years ago, in November 2023, a representative for the Bad Boys star denied Salaam’s claims that she had ever witnessed Will having sex with actor Duane Martin.
“This story is completely fabricated and the allegations are unequivocally false,” Will’s rep told TMZ in a statement at the time.
