President Donald Trump said he is “trying to make it” to his son Don Jr.’s wedding to Bettina Anderson, scheduled for this weekend, but “the timing is not right.”
“He wants me to go, but it’s just going to be a little private thing and I’m going to manage it,” the president told reporters in the Oval Office on Thursday about his eldest son’s wedding.
“This is not good timing for me,” the president said. “Everything called Iran and everything else.”
The dilemma, Donald Sr. continued, is “something I can’t win.” “If you show up, you’ll be killed. If you don’t show up, you’ll be killed.”
“I hope they have a great married life,” he added.
As Page Six previously reported, Don Jr., 48, and Anderson, 39, will wed on Saturday on a private island in the Bahamas.
The couple got engaged in December when the company asked Anderson to help out at Camp David.
Sources say the couple initially had their sights set on a White House wedding, but changed their minds in view of hosting a lavish event amid several major stressors, including the war with Iran.
“They know very well that a lavish wedding at the White House is not welcome when people are dying,” a source told Page Six.
Sources also told Page Six in mid-April that the couple was rushing down the aisle and planned to get married within the next few months.
Don Jr. is the father of five children: Kai, 19, Donald, 17, Tristan, 14, Spencer, 13, and Chloe, 11 – all with ex-wife Vanessa Trump, to whom he was married from 2005 to 2018.
The former lovers are said to be on friendly terms. After that, Vanessa ended her relationship with professional golfer Tiger Woods.
