Close Menu
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • Cinema
  • Gossip
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
What's Hot

Gigi Hadid’s Boucheron Band and How It Complements Bradley Cooper’s Ring

George and Amal Clooney evacuate their home in France due to wildfires

Josh Hartnett fights sea monsters in teaser for Netflix series ‘Below’

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Celebrity TV Network – Hollywood News, Gossip & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • Cinema
  • Gossip
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Celebrity TV Network – Hollywood News, Gossip & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Home » Vanilla Ice defends Freedom 250 concert amid performer exodus
Entertainment

Vanilla Ice defends Freedom 250 concert amid performer exodus

adminBy adminMay 30, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


This week, Vanilla Ice stood by the Freedom 250 concert celebrating America’s milestone birthday after several performers withdrew from the band, saying their music was not political.

The rapper confirmed Friday that he will continue to perform at President Trump’s Freedom 250 Presents: Great American State Fair in Washington, D.C., while Martina McBride, Bret Michaels and other artists were abruptly dropped from the lineup.

“I came here to party with America. Music is made to bring people together and that’s why we’re here. And we’re going to represent the ’90s,” the “Ice Ice Baby” hitmaker told TMZ.

Vanilla Ice has confirmed that they will perform at President Trump’s Freedom 250 concert after declining several performances. Instagram/vanilla ice cream

The 58-year-old, whose real name is Robert Van Winkle, insisted the event was about celebrating the nation’s 250th anniversary, not politics.

“I don’t vote, so I don’t care. If Biden called me and said, ‘My daughter’s getting married and I need some vanilla ice cream,’ I’d go out and play. It’s no big deal.”

“You play for the fans. We don’t have a chance to choose the fans, they choose us. And I will play for Putin, and if you want I will also play in Iran, it doesn’t matter. The fans are everywhere.”

“Music is not political, it is universal,” he added.

Vanilla Ice also dismissed criticism surrounding the event and the artists who decided not to participate.

The 58-year-old rapper also plans to perform for Putin or Biden, saying “music is not political.” Instagram/vanilla ice cream

“Come on, enjoy the dance. Don’t take yourself too seriously. We’re just entertainers, dude,” he said. “I don’t think anyone should take this seriously, including them.

“I think people should just go dance. It’s just music. What’s the big deal? We’re just entertainers.”

The rapper has previously performed at President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort and appeared on stage at a New Year’s Eve party at a club in Palm Beach, Florida, late last year.

The Great American State Fair will be held from June 25th to July 10th on the National Mall in Washington, DC. Getty Images

Vanilla Ice echoed those sentiments in an Instagram video Thursday, saying they were “honored” to be a part of the celebration.

“America is celebrating its 250th anniversary. Let’s go,” he said. “We’re bringing back the 90s. Put on your dancing shoes.

“The important thing is to enjoy 250 years of greatness, from George Washington to now, to every president, and everyone in between.”

Freedom 250 was launched by President Trump to lead the nation’s 250th anniversary celebration. Samuel Corum – Pool via CNP/Shutterstock

He captioned the post: “Happy 250th Anniversary to America. It’s going to be an epic party. This is about bringing us all together.”

“This is not a political platform. This is a celebration of America’s birthday. Nothing too serious, just enjoying the fun, dancing and great memories.”

His comments come after several artists announced their withdrawal from the Freedom 250 concert following this week’s lineup announcement.

Martina McBride has quit a concert to celebrate America’s 250th anniversary, claiming it was “misleading”. Getty Images

Country singer Martina McBride walked out of the event a day after the announcement, saying the publicity surrounding the concert was “misleading.” Bret Michaels, Young MC, Morris Day & The Time, and The Commodores also withdrew.

Also on the schedule are Vanilla Ice, Flo Rida, C+C Music Factory and Milli Vanilli’s Fab Morvan.

Freedom 250 was founded by President Trump last year and describes itself as a “national bipartisan organization leading the celebration of the nation’s 250th anniversary.”

The Freedom 250 concert is part of the Great American State Fair, a free festival held from June 25 to July 10 on the National Mall in Washington, DC.



Source link

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link
Previous ArticleJorge Gutierrez cancels plans for Amazon MGM-funded AI series after backlash
Next Article Emily Blunt: “I’m scared of AI” refuses to use it on “Disclosure Day”
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

George and Amal Clooney evacuate their home in France due to wildfires

July 30, 2026

Irina Shayk (40) is dating Kendall Jenner’s ex Devin Booker (29)

July 30, 2026

Heather Dubrow shares theory on Judge Tamra and Shannon Beador’s feud

July 30, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest Posts

George and Amal Clooney evacuate their home in France due to wildfires

Irina Shayk (40) is dating Kendall Jenner’s ex Devin Booker (29)

Heather Dubrow shares theory on Judge Tamra and Shannon Beador’s feud

Travis Kelce’s reaction to seeing Taylor Swift walk down the aisle revealed

Latest Posts

Amazon’s Andrew Garfield drops artifacts and wants to meet Sam Altman

July 30, 2026

AMC Theaters CEO promotes Paramount-Warner Bros. merger in op-ed

July 30, 2026

‘I Want Your Sex’ director Greg Araki talks Outfest, Gen Z, and sex

July 30, 2026

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

✨ Welcome to Celebrity TV Network – Your Window to the World of Fame & Glamour!

At Celebrity TV Network, we bring you the latest scoop from the dazzling world of Hollywood, Cinema, Celebrity Gossip, and Entertainment News. Our mission is simple: to keep fans, readers, and entertainment lovers connected to the stars they adore and the stories they can’t stop talking about.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2025 A Ron Williams Company. Celebritytvnetwork.com

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.