Close Menu
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • Cinema
  • Gossip
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
What's Hot

Khloe Kardashian has an awkward encounter with two famous exes during her first outing in months

Matt Damon focuses on Daniels’ movie after Ryan Gosling leaves the role

Brad Pitt gets scolded by director Quentin Tarantino on the set of ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Celebrity TV Network – Hollywood News, Gossip & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • Cinema
  • Gossip
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Celebrity TV Network – Hollywood News, Gossip & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Home » Channel 4 boss says ‘Married at First Sight UK’ will not be cancelled.
Latest News

Channel 4 boss says ‘Married at First Sight UK’ will not be cancelled.

adminBy adminMay 21, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Priya Dogra, Channel 4’s recently appointed chief executive, on Wednesday gave an update on the scandal surrounding the British version of Married at First Sight, also known as MAFS UK, but denied reports that the show had been cancelled.

In this series, single people are matched by “experts” and “married” to strangers they meet for the first time on their wedding day. Then they live together. Produced for Channel 4 by independent production company CPL.

In a revelation aired on Monday on BBC investigative show Panorama titled ‘The Dark Side of Married at First Sight’, it was claimed that two contestants – the ‘wives’ – were raped and another was subjected to non-consensual sexual acts by the on-screen ‘husband’. One woman also claimed that her “husband” told her that if she told anyone about it, “he would throw acid at her.”

The men deny the charges. The women have not filed a police report.

Channel 4 announced on Monday that it had commissioned an external review into the welfare of Married at First Sight contributors in April.

Speaking at the presentation of the broadcaster’s annual report, Dogra said: “There have been some reports that the show has been canceled (…) but these are totally inaccurate. No decision has been taken regarding the broadcast (of the show’s next season) and any decision will be taken only after a review is completed.”

Regarding the upcoming season (Season 6 in the current format), outgoing Chief Content Officer Ian Katz said: “A good deal of it has already been filmed and we’re currently editing it. Of course we’ll see what recommendations come out of the review at that point.”

Asked whether he was informed of the allegations when they were raised, Katz said: “I was aware of some of the allegations and was involved in the decision-making regarding them. By the way, based on everything I know and the information that we had, I think we made the right decision.”

Dogra said of “Panorama”: “I watched the show and heard the women’s testimonies, which were very disturbing. Their distress was obvious, and of course I deeply regret that.”

She added: “Welfare on all of our programs is very important to us and is our number one concern. However, you will understand that we are unable to investigate the specific allegations against the men, which Channel 4 denies, and I cannot comment on them in any way. We are a broadcaster, not an arbiter. Allegations of this nature are investigated by other authorities, including where a complaint is lodged with the police.”

Asked by a journalist how watching “Panorama” made her “feel as a woman,” Dogra said, “It was very painful to watch. It was difficult to hear women talk about their experiences. What I did in response was not just that, but the entire time. “It was about looking at our response before. Like I said, I’m sure we made the right decision at the time, but I’d like to look at it again. That was my reaction to it: ‘This is really difficult.’ Please look at me.” I feel sorry for the suffering of these women. What I can do about it is what I have done. ”

There are two components to external reviews of a show. The first, carried out by law firm Clyde & Company, examines the benefits protocols in place on the show at the time the complaints were raised, and the handling of those complaints by Channel 4 and CPL.

Additionally, Channel 4 has asked former BBC One controller Lorraine Heggesy to investigate whether changes need to be made to Married at First Sight’s current protocols to enhance the welfare of contributors.

All previous seasons of the UK version of Married at First Sight have been removed from Channel 4’s streaming and linear services, as well as the show’s social channels.



Source link

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link
Previous ArticleHayden Panettiere says Connie Britton’s dynamic performance on ‘Nashville’ set was ‘uncomfortable’
Next Article Sheryl Crow learns ex Lance Armstrong dated ‘famous actress’ after battling cancer
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Warner Bros. merger lowers Paramount’s junk status credit

May 21, 2026

Netflix’s Michael Jackson Doctor Investigates Child Sex Abuse Trial

May 21, 2026

JB Smoove signs first refusal rights with Fox for unscripted content

May 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest Posts

Brad Pitt gets scolded by director Quentin Tarantino on the set of ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’

Jimmy Kimmel mocks Elon Musk’s criticism of Lupita Nyong’o’s ‘Odyssey’ casting

Mike White selects two ‘Survivor 50’ contestants for ‘White Lotus’ Season 4

Jessica Simpson defends flying first class while kids ride coach

Latest Posts

Matt Damon focuses on Daniels’ movie after Ryan Gosling leaves the role

May 21, 2026

“Operation Epic Fury,” a movie directed by Michael Bay about Iranian pilots.

May 21, 2026

‘Cliff Booth’ movie starring Brad Pitt takes over ‘Chronicles of Narnia’ Imax slot this Thanksgiving

May 21, 2026

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

✨ Welcome to Celebrity TV Network – Your Window to the World of Fame & Glamour!

At Celebrity TV Network, we bring you the latest scoop from the dazzling world of Hollywood, Cinema, Celebrity Gossip, and Entertainment News. Our mission is simple: to keep fans, readers, and entertainment lovers connected to the stars they adore and the stories they can’t stop talking about.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2025 A Ron Williams Company. Celebritytvnetwork.com

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.