Tom Hardy has reportedly left the Paramount+ drama “Mobland” after two seasons.
Sources told Variety on Friday that the actor was removed from the show following “on-set issues” with executive producer Jez Butterworth and 101 Studios.
Pac News reports that Hardy, 48, was consistently late to production during season two, frequently leaving notes on scripts and changing lines, and becoming angry with the ensemble cast, including fellow A-list actors Helen Mirren and Pierce Brosnan.
The outlet also claimed that Hardy’s behavior nearly led to Butterworth quitting, which led to Hardy’s firing from Paramount.
Page Six has reached out to representatives for Hardy, Butterworth, 101 Studios and Paramount+ for comment.
Hardy starred as Harry da Souza, a fixer for a London crime family, in the crime drama Mobland, executive produced by Guy Ritchie.
According to a press release, the project will premiere in spring 2025 and have been viewed 2.2 million times worldwide, breaking Paramount+ streaming records for the largest global series premiere of all time.
According to Variety, filming for season 2 wrapped in March, but a premiere date has not yet been announced.
The show has not yet been renewed for season 3.
In addition to Brosnan, 73, and Mirren, 80, the Mobland cast also includes Paddy Considine, Joan Froggatt, Lara Pulver, Anson Boone, Jasmine Jobson, Mandeep Dhillon and Daniel Betts.
The first season ended with Hardy’s character being accidentally stabbed in the chest by his wife Jean (Froggatt), but Butterworth exclusively clarified to the Post that Hardy will not be written off the show.
“No, we don’t mean that. We love Harry. We love Tom,” Butterworth insisted in June 2025.
At the time, Butterworth added that he hopes the series “continues for as long as it captivates, delights and inspires viewers.”
Hardy previously told Esquire that he agreed to appear on “Mobland” because it would allow him to work “different muscles” in terms of his acting skills.
