Joseph Duggar is asking a Florida court to change the terms of a no-contact order with the alleged victim of a child sexual abuse case.
In court documents exclusively obtained by Page Six, Duggar requested that a no-contact order be amended to allow him to be within 500 feet of the alleged victim’s residence.
“The alleged victim and his family have abandoned their residence and are no longer residing at the previously listed address,” Duggar explained. “Defendant asks this court to modify the no-contact order to allow defendant to visit the following parcels of land owned and maintained by defendant.”
Dugger, who works in real estate, listed six properties he manages and explained the work that needs to be done on each property, such as landscaping, flooring, and repairs.
“The continuation of the no-contact order in its current form poses a problem in that the defendants are unable to maintain the assets described herein,” he explained.
He clarified that it does not require “contact with the alleged victim” or to be “within 500 feet of the alleged victim.” The former TLC star claimed that the alleged victim “abandoned the property” that was previously listed in the no-contact order.
This comes after Duggar, 31, also requested a modification of a no-contact order regarding his children with wife Kendra Duggar.
In court documents, Joseph said she has not had contact with her children since her arrest and explained that a no-contact order that prevents her from having unsupervised visits with her four children “has caused hardship for the family.”
A judge is scheduled to decide on a no-contact order regarding the children at a July 14 court hearing.
Joseph was arrested and charged in Florida on March 18 with lewd and lascivious acts with a victim under 12 years of age and lewd and lascivious acts with a person over 18 years of age.
He was taken to Florida and pleaded not guilty during his court appearance.
The incident allegedly occurred in 2020 when a 9-year-old girl was on vacation in Panama City Beach, Florida.
In a court affidavit, the alleged victim, now 14, told authorities that Joseph sexually abused her during the trip.
The former “19 Kids and Counting” and “Counting On” star was also indicted in his home state of Arkansas on charges including four counts of second-degree endangering the welfare of a minor and four counts of second-degree false imprisonment on March 20.
His wife also faced similar charges. Both cases are pending.
Kendra stands by her husband despite the accusations, as Page Six obtained footage of the couple being summoned to jail, promising to maintain a united front.
