Close Menu
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • Cinema
  • Gossip
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
What's Hot

Banijay Entertainment’s Weighty 2026 London TV Screenings Lineup  

How police ruled out family members in Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance

Berlinale’s Tricia Tuttle talks defending film in the face of controversy

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Celebrity TV Network – Hollywood News, Gossip & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • Celebrity
  • Cinema
  • Gossip
  • Hollywood
  • Latest News
  • Entertainment
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Celebrity TV Network – Hollywood News, Gossip & Entertainment Updates
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
Home » Ruben Östlund’s platform, Norwegian Motlys Thriller Link
Latest News

Ruben Östlund’s platform, Norwegian Motlys Thriller Link

adminBy adminFebruary 17, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest Copy Link Telegram LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


Sweden’s Platform Productions, the makers of Ruben Østlund’s Palme d’Or-winning films “Triangle of Sorrow” and “The Square,” has entered into a co-production partnership with Norway’s Motleys for the psychological thriller series “En Telefon Ringer Mitt i Natten.”

The four-part project, which marks the platform’s first foray into television fiction, has been selected as a co-pro series for the Berlin Co-Production Market and will be pitched to commissioning editors, distributors and series investors looking for early export drama on February 17th.

Produced and directed by platform partner Mikkel Sy Karlsson, The Phone Rings at Midnight is in development with support from Swedish Television and the regional fund Film i Väst. Additional development support is provided by the Swedish Film Institute and MEDIA Development.

As previously announced, two of Sweden’s best-known actors, Henrik Drusin (The Triangle of Sorrow, Solsidane) and Shanti Ronny (Nymphomaniac, Together) will also be joining the project.

Producers are Eric Hemmendorf, Axel Danielsson and Maximilian van Aertrik.

The story begins on a summer night in a small Swedish town. Mats – the drummer of a popular middle-aged dance band – wakes up to an anonymous text message, “You fat, disgusting pig!” What at first appears to be random abuse escalates into a relentless campaign of terror against Matts and his family, and the situation begins to reveal a dark, layered story with roots more than 40 years ago.

“We set out to create a different kind of revenge drama inspired by real events,” said writer-director Carlson. “Told in four parts, altering the perspectives of victim and perpetrator, past and present, at its core is a provocative question: Is revenge justified, and who ultimately owns the truth?”

For the platform, this series extends a company profile built on unique authors and international launch positioning. In addition to Östlund, other films include Ninja Thyberg’s “Pleasure” and Berlin and Sundance Award-winning director Danielsson and van Eertrik’s “Fantastic Machine.”

Motlys brings Norwegian co-production capabilities and a proven track record of filmmaker-led storytelling with global reach. His credits include the drama series “Home Ground,” as well as the Berlin Golden Bear Award-winning films “Dreams,” “Thelma,” “Louder Than Bombs,” “Blind,” “Oslo, August 31st,” and “Welcome to Norway.”



Source link

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email Copy Link
Previous ArticleFaraz Shariat’s thriller ‘The Prosecution’ sold to France’s Memento
Next Article Sam Mendes, Chloé Zhao face director’s ’emotional costs’
admin
  • Website

Related Posts

Banijay Entertainment’s Weighty 2026 London TV Screenings Lineup  

February 17, 2026

AMC Networks International appoints Tom Keaveney as new MD of AMCNI-UK

February 17, 2026

‘Squid Game’ leads Korean content surge with Netflix’s non-English record

February 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest Posts

Jada Pinkett Smith refutes claims she threatened Will Smith’s friend

“ANTM” runway coach Miss J. Alexander suffered a severe stroke in 2022, was in a coma for 5 weeks and was paralyzed.

Robert Duvall was one of the greatest figures in Hollywood history

‘Heated Rivalry’ star Ksenia Daniela Kharlamova on her runway debut, first NYFW and playing Svetlana

Latest Posts

Berlinale’s Tricia Tuttle talks defending film in the face of controversy

February 17, 2026

80-second horror film “Dead Grandma” receives rave reviews

February 17, 2026

Sam Mendes, Chloé Zhao face director’s ’emotional costs’

February 17, 2026

Subscribe to News

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

✨ Welcome to Celebrity TV Network – Your Window to the World of Fame & Glamour!

At Celebrity TV Network, we bring you the latest scoop from the dazzling world of Hollywood, Cinema, Celebrity Gossip, and Entertainment News. Our mission is simple: to keep fans, readers, and entertainment lovers connected to the stars they adore and the stories they can’t stop talking about.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss our latest news

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
  • Home
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact US
  • DMCA
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
© 2025 A Ron Williams Company. Celebritytvnetwork.com

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.