Sarah Ferguson believes “everyone is out to get her” after her ex-husband Prince Andrew was arrested on Thursday.
Sources spoke to the Daily Mail on Friday about Fergie’s condition after the disgraced royal was detained for 11 hours.
“I’ve been talking to some of her friends. She’s not doing well. She’s telling people that she’s really struggling with her mental health and thinks everyone is trying to help her,” the source revealed.
As for where she plans to find a home base, a source explained: “She wants to stay in the Windsor area so Beatrice and Eugenie can visit with their grandchildren relatively easily.”
But she may find the United Arab Emirates (UAE) much more attractive for “making money”.
In any case, Ferguson, 66, ruled out the possibility of living with Andrew in his new Sandringham mansion.
Andrew, who was celebrating his 66th birthday, was arrested on Thursday morning on suspicion of misconduct in public office after several unmarked police cars swarmed his residence.
He was then taken to a police station, where he was interrogated for 11 hours and finally released around 7pm local time.
Thames Valley Police, which patrols the area around Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s former home, Royal Lodge, searched the Sardingham estate, while also searching the Berkshire property.
Thames Valley Police issued a statement without naming Andrew, saying: “A man in his 60s from Norfolk has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office and searches are underway at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.”
“Following a thorough investigation, we have launched an investigation into allegations of misconduct in public office,” Assistant Chief Constable Oliver Wright said in a statement.
Shortly after his arrest, King Charles expressed “deep concern” over allegations that his brother had shared confidential trade documents with the late convicted rapist Jeffrey Epstein.
“I am deeply concerned to learn of the news regarding Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and the allegations of misconduct in public office,” he began in a statement released by Buckingham Palace.
“There will now be a full, fair and appropriate process whereby this matter is investigated in an appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. As I have previously stated, the authorities have their full and wholehearted support and cooperation in this regard.”
“Let me be clear: the law should move in that direction,” the monarch added. “As this process continues, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further on this matter. In the meantime, my family and I will continue our duty and service to you.”
Page Six has also learned that Duchess Kate and Prince William agreed with Charles’ statement, and Andrew has since been released.
Andrew’s relationship with Epstein has been under investigation since 2001, when Virginia Giuffre accused the royal family of raping her when she was 17. She claimed that Epstein had sex trafficked her, but Andrew maintained his innocence.
Giuffre, who died by suicide in 2025, continued to file charges of sexual assault in 2021, and although she maintained her innocence, the case was settled privately.
Andrew and Fergie have since been stripped of their titles and kicked out of their Royal Lodge residence.
After his arrest, British legal sources told Page Six that Ferguson, who has always supported Andrew, could be questioned by police regarding her ex-husband’s arrest.
Although there is no evidence of criminal activity by Ferguson, “police may have grounds to question Sarah Ferguson as she may be a relevant witness in this case,” a top lawyer told Page Six.
“They may want to ask her some questions. Sarah Ferguson wouldn’t have held any public office at the time, but we don’t know what she knows or whether she revealed anything (in the emails in line with her role as a former royal and Andrew’s ex-wife).”
However, the official said it was “up to the police” to decide what action to take, adding: “Police can call in anyone they wish as part of the investigation.”
