Former Prince Andrew is said to have considered himself a victim before his arrest for his association with convicted rapist Jeffrey Epstein.
“Andrew doesn’t know what’s at stake,” royal expert Andrew Rowney exclusively told Page Six ahead of Thursday’s shocking arrest.
“Andrew believes that he has been treated badly, that he is a victim, that he is being persecuted,” Rowney said. “He is a narcissist and has never been disciplined.”
The author of “Title: The Rise and Fall of the House of York” had heard whispers of an investigation into Andrew’s alleged crimes before his arrest.
“I finally heard that he was under serious investigation for sex trafficking and misconduct in office,” Lowney said.
Andrew was ultimately arrested on Thursday, his 66th birthday, on suspicion of misconduct in office for allegedly transferring trade secret documents to Epstein.
If convicted, he could face life in prison.
The disgraced former royal was arrested just a month after anti-monarchy activist Graham Smith reported Andrew to Thames Valley Police on suspicion of misconduct in public office.
Newly released files show that Andrew, who was Britain’s special representative for international trade and investment from 2001 to 2011, allegedly sent a report to Epstein about his trips to Vietnam and Singapore in 2010.
In particular, trade envoys must keep their travel details confidential under the Official Secrets Act, even when they are not fulfilling their role.
Authorities are also investigating allegations that women were trafficked to the UK by Epstein to have sexual contact with Andrew.
King Charles issued a statement shortly after his brother’s arrest expressing his “deep concern” over the accusations.
In a statement released by Buckingham Palace, he said: “It is with deep concern that we learned of the news of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and his alleged misconduct in public office.”
“There will now be a full, fair and appropriate process whereby this matter is investigated in an appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. As I have previously stated, the authorities have their full and wholehearted support and cooperation in this regard.”
“Let me be clear: the law should move in that direction,” the monarch continued. “As this process continues, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further on this matter. In the meantime, my family and I will continue our duty and service to you.”
Page Six has learned that Prince William and Duchess Kate fully support Prince Charles’ statement.
