Prince William and Duchess Kate are reacting to former Prince Andrew’s shocking arrest.
The Prince and Princess of Wales support King Charles’ statement about the disgraced royal’s arrest, Page Six has learned.
Andrew was taken into custody at his Sandringham Estate home on Thursday morning, on what would have been his 66th birthday.
The former Duke of York has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in office after allegedly transferring trade secret documents to convicted rapist Jeffrey Epstein.
If convicted, he could be sentenced to up to life in prison.
Thames Valley Police said in a statement: “A man in his 60s from Norfolk has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office and searches are underway at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.”
They did not identify Andrew by name.
After his brother’s arrest, Charles expressed “deep concern” about the charges.
The 77-year-old monarch said in a statement released by Buckingham Palace: “It is with deep concern that I learned of the news about Mr. Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and his alleged misconduct in public office.”
“There will now be a full, fair and appropriate process whereby this matter is investigated in an appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. As I have previously stated, the authorities have their full and wholehearted support and cooperation in this regard.”
“Let me be clear: the law should move in that direction,” Charles continued. “As this process continues, it would be inappropriate for me to comment further on this matter. In the meantime, my family and I will continue our duty and service to you.”
Andrew’s arrest comes after new documents released by the Justice Department last week revealed further details about his relationship with Epstein.
The disgraced royal, who served as Britain’s special representative for international trade and investment from 2001 to 2011, allegedly sent Mr Epstein a report on his travels to Vietnam and Singapore in 2010, according to the files.
Trade envoys must keep their travel details confidential, even if they are not fulfilling their role under the Official Secrets Act.
Anti-monarchy campaigner Graham Smith reported Andrew’s alleged misconduct to police, who confirmed they were “investigating” the damning allegations.
British authorities also recently confirmed they were considering a woman’s claim that Mr. Epstein sent her to Britain to have sex with Mr. Andrew at his former home, the Royal Lodge.
Meanwhile, British Prime Minister Keir Starmer said Andrew, who was stripped of his royal titles last year, should testify in court about his relationship with Epstein.
In 2021, Andrew was accused of sexual assault by Virginia Giuffre, who claimed that he raped her on three separate occasions starting when she was 17 years old as part of Epstein’s sex trafficking ring.
The sexual abuse lawsuit was reportedly settled out of court for millions of dollars.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing regarding Epstein.
William, 43, and Kate, 44, spoke out for the first time about the Epstein file earlier this month, saying they were “deeply concerned by the continuing revelations”.
“Their thoughts remain focused on the victims,” the couple’s spokesperson added.
