Zachery Ty Bryan and his girlfriend Johnny Faye Cartwright were arrested for violating their domestic violence probation.
The Home Improvement alum was taken into custody Saturday in Eugene, Oregon, but was denied bail, according to documents obtained by Page Six.
He is scheduled to remain in jail until Wednesday. TMZ first reported the news.
Brian, 44, was sentenced to 36 months of probation following a domestic violence conviction in 2023, with his probation set to expire in 2026.
According to The Hollywood Reporter at the time, the “Rage: Carrie 2” actor was arrested on suspicion of assault and robbery after an altercation with an unidentified woman.
It is unclear whether the woman was Mr. Cartwright, but his probation prohibits him from having contact with the victim without prior approval.
Cartwright faces five charges, including one count of driving under the influence, three counts of reckless endangerment and one count of attempted first-degree assault.
Cartwright’s arraignment is scheduled for Monday.
Brian was married to Carly Matross from 2007 to 2020 and has several children with Cartwright.
Bryan was previously accused of attacking Cartwright and was charged in 2020 with felony counts of strangulation, menacing, assault and harassment.
She didn’t have a cell phone charger and Brian woke her up by pulling her hair and punching her, according to a police report.
Cartwright said the abuse against Brian began several weeks ago and that he strangled her to the point of suffocation.
At the time, he was only convicted of intimidation and assault.
Brian later claimed that the incident was “out of proportion” and said that it “didn’t actually hurt physically either.”
“We were really loud. We were screaming, and we were in a (thin-walled) townhome, so everyone could hear us,” Brian claimed in a June 2023 interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
Brian was arrested again in February 2024 on suspicion of drunk driving in Riverside, California, and again in October 2024 in Custer County, Oklahoma, for the same crime and driving without a license.
On January 1, 2025, Brian was taken into custody for “hitting a woman multiple times and threatening to kill her.”
It is unclear whether the woman is Mr. Cartwright.
Brian’s ex-woman, who has not been identified, also accused Brian of “hitting her in the head” in July and was sentenced to a five-year restraining order against him earlier this month.
On November 13, Brian apologized for the recent domestic violence incident, calling it a “painful wake-up call.”
“Fame as a child actor left a scar. Being in the spotlight at the age of 9 brought pressure that I was ill equipped to handle. But it doesn’t justify my choices as an adult,” he told TMZ, adding that he “deeply” regrets his actions.
Brian “suffers from the lasting effects of early fame, addiction and poor decision-making,” which he attributes to his “recurring legal troubles.”
If you or someone you know is affected by any of the issues raised in this article, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or text START to 88788.
