Shia LaBeouf was arrested in New Orleans early Tuesday after he was allegedly involved in a brawl during Mardi Gras.
He remains behind bars at the Orleans Parish Jail in Louisiana and has been charged with two counts of simple assault, Page Six confirmed.
LaBeouf is currently being held without bail and is scheduled to appear before a judge at 3pm local time today.
TMZ obtained footage of the shirtless actor being treated by paramedics after the alleged altercation. What led to his altercation remains unclear.
LaBeouf’s representatives and attorneys did not immediately respond to Page Six’s requests for comment.
Before his arrest, the 39-year-old had reportedly spent the weekend partying in the Big Easy.
The actor, who has long professed sobriety, had been in town since Thursday for Mardi Gras celebrations, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Robert Skuse, a doorman at the 24/7 dive bar Ms. Maze, told the show on Monday that the “Hole’s” star was “somewhat belligerent” when he approached the bar without a shirt or cash.
Skuse claimed he asked the question, “Do you know who I am?” A bit after being refused entry.
Employee Kyle Catalucci said LaBeouf allegedly concealed payments and continued to pay by credit card, but was eventually asked to resign in order to “become a famous bartender.”
A bartender at another establishment, who requested anonymity, told the outlet that “even Stevens” alumni are “terrorizing the city.”
LaBeouf was also spotted at Dos Jefes, 45 Tchoup, Brothers III Lounge, and other hot spots.
The former Disney Channel star was allegedly telling fellow patrons about staying at the upscale Airbnb Uptown and was caught on camera partying at R Bar on Fat Monday.
In footage obtained by TMZ, he was seen wearing an extravagant hat and carrying a beer.
In a 2022 Vanity Fair letter, the “Honey Boy” star revealed that he had been sober for more than a year and a half after a “huge humiliation.”
Later that month, speaking to Bishop Robert Barron of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries, he credited her with “saving[his]life” after ex-girlfriend FKA Twigs publicly accused her of “relentless abuse” in a shocking 2020 lawsuit.
When the lawsuit was dropped, the filmmaker told the New York Times, “I have no excuses for my alcoholism or aggression, only rationalizations. I am committed to doing what it takes to get back on my feet, and I am forever sorry to those I may have hurt in the process.”
Although LaBeouf denied “all” of Twigs’ claims, he did say at a 2022 rally that their legal battle had given him a “change of perspective.”
The former couple dated from 2018 to 2019 and reached a private settlement in 2025.
That same year, in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, LaBeouf thanked Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, and James Brolin for helping him get sober, passionately saying that the actors “got around[him]and kept[him]alive.”
The Daytime Emmy Award winner previously praised his wife, Mia Goth, with whom he shares 3-year-old daughter Isabelle, for standing by him when he sought treatment.
In a 2023 “Real Ones” chat with Jon Bernthal, LaBeouf recalled: “She was there for me when no one else deserved to be in my life, especially her.”
He and the “Frankenstein” star married in 2016 and separated two years later, but have since reconciled. However, the current relationship status of the couple, who have dated on and off and broken up again, remains unknown.
If you or a loved one is affected by any of the issues raised in this article, please call SAMHSA’s national helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357).
